Monday, January 1, 2007

Favorite Reads in 2006

The following books are the best books that I read in 2006. Quite a few more than most years, I'll admit. Out of a total of 68 books, I adored the following 23 (in the order in which they were read):

1. Frida Kahlo: The Paintings - Hayden Herrera
2. Winterdance - Gary Paulsen
3. Frida: A Biography of Friday Kahlo - Hayden Herrera
4. The Elements of Style - William Strunk & E.B. White
5. Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
6. Anne of Avonlea - L.M. Montgomery
7. Anne of the Island - L.M. Montgomery
8. The Other Boleyn Girl - Phillipa Gregory
9. Shopgirl - Steve Martin
10. Wicked - Gregory Maguire
11. Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond
12. House of the Spirits - Isabel Allende
13. Daughter of Fortune - Isabel Allende
14. Portrait in Sepia - Isabel Allende
15. Night - Elie Wiesel
16. Prep - Curtis Sittenfeld
17. The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
18. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote
19. The Sisters: The Saga of the Mitford Family - Mary Lovell
20. Astonishing Splashes of Colour - Clare Morrall
21. The House on Mango Stree - Sandra Cisneros
22. Northern Lights - Philip Pullman
23. The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winterdance...one of my all time favorite books. I recommend it to everyone! You have an interesting list here; I'll have to make note of some of these!

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! Because of the two of you I just put WINTERDANCE on my NFF Possibilities List! Thank you. :)

jen said...

ok, sorry to load you up with comments, but i had to comment on prep. that book broke my heart, i seriously lost sleep over that main character. i had to keep reminding myself that she wasn't real!

Unknown said...


Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
Advertising agencies in UK | Mobile apps for university