Thursday, January 3, 2008

Chunkster Challenge is back!

Woohoo! It's back! Hosted by a different person, but the same fun challenge I enjoyed last year. I'm grateful that this is a full year challenge, I don't know if I would be able to finish it in a shorter time frame. I am only choosing books that are already on a challenge list, so here are my preliminary selections. I would love to count Great Expectations, which is 484 pages, but I started it before January first, so I won't. :)

Each book I finish over 450 pages, I will post a link to my review here.

Preliminary Chunksters:

4 comments:

Eva said...

I really loved Palace Walk and The Time Traveler's Wife, so I think you have some good reading ahead of you! I forgot how long The Time Traveler's Wife was; it was one of three books I brought with me for two months in St. Petersburg, so I think I ended up reading it three or four times!

Literary Feline said...

I will probably end up reading Time Traveler's Wife for this one as well. I'm so glad to see that there will be a chunkster challenge this year after all!

Nyssaneala said...

Eva - They were both books I planned on reading in 2007 and didn't get too, so hopefully I'll find room in 2008! Palace Walk is a bit daunting, because I would like to read the whole trilogy at the same time.

wendy - you should let me know when you are planning on reading it, maybe we can do so at the same time!

Anonymous said...

I have Mahfouz on the list of authors I want to read and I saw Palace Walk in a bookstore a while ago, was very tempted to buy it, but resisted. :-)
Needless to say, I am looking forward to your thoughts about it!