Just Wild About Harry
1. Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
Well...looking at my blog recently, you could probably surmise that my answer is...yes.
2. If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
No midnight parties here, although I will be surprising my husband with some HP-themed treats Saturday. We ordered our copy on Amazon via Free Super Saving Shipping, so I don't expect it to arrive for about a week. But as soon as it crosses our doorstep, I'm diving in!
3. If you’re not going to read it, why not?
This does not apply.
4. And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?
We both think Harry will survive. Although, he could end up looking like Mad-Eye Moody. As to who will die, my thoughts change on a pretty daily basis. But no matter what, it will be a bittersweet ending. I have come to love HP, his friends and adventures, and I think it is one of the best children's series I have ever read.* And that's saying a lot, because I usually don't go for the crazy media hyped books. Take Lemony Snicket for example. I read the first three, discovered I was not a fan, and dropped the series.
* Update: This columnist seems to disagree with the opinion I hold. Thank you Danielle for the heads up in your recent post. While never claiming HP as a literary masterpiece, I don't think I will budge from my opinion that it is a wonderful series.