Since my hubby actually has a rare whole weekend off, I decided not to be a reader in Dewey's 24 hr Read-a-Thon. But I will be in and out for the next 24 hrs cheering everyone on (including during my middle of the night pee breaks!).
Good luck to all the readers! And most of all, Have FUN!!!
Update 6.00am EST: I have not been able to go back to sleep. Just had breakfast, which might help. But it might be a lost cause.
I'm not officially a reader in the 'thon, but I'll still do a haiku about Isabel, in Le Divorce by Diane Johnson, the mini-challenge for Hour 21.
helping her sister in France
Update 4.45am EST (Hour 20): Back to sleep for me. See you in the morning! Zzzz...
Update 4.10am EST: Well, I've rolled (literally-you should see me get out of bed these days, it's a riot!) back out of bed after Baby Maya jumped on my bladder one too many times. She's up to her daily exercises, which seem to include rearranging the furniture in there (ie my organs)! Here is an update on some readers still going strong:
3m is reading Tears of a Giraffe, a great light read for the wee hours of the morning.
L-Squared just finished Tuesdays with Morrie. She's finished 4 books!!!
Dewey is still going strong! I can't seem to find the post that has her reading updates (hey, it is pretty early here), but she is faithfully updating her blog every hour! Way to go girl!!!
Eva posted an extremely helpful post with all the still active readers. She has finished 2 books, including one by Anton Chekhov.
Becky has finished another book, A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban. Way to go!
- and -
Booklogged is not only still going, she just left the sweetest comment! Thanks! She just finished A Spot of Bother, but didn't seem to enjoy it too much. :(
Update 9.10pm EST: Here are my responses to Dewey's mid-event survey.
1. What are you reading right now? I'm not participating as a reader, but I just started Le Divorce by Diane Johnson.
2. How many books have you read so far? Can I plead the 5th? But I've cheered myself hoarse!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Not a book, but looking forward to reading updates on other people's blogs!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I'm just stopping in and cheering every few hours when I have some time. No special arrangements.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Well, when I was going through commenting on all the reader's blogs earlier, my hubby was trying to get me outside to install the baby's car seat in our car. I really should have taken advantage of his motivation! And fortunately, he patiently waited until I was ready.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The number of participants, and how much they are accomplishing, it's great!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe setting up a new blog just for that purpose?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would like to host a mini-challenge next time, and participate as a reader.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope. But I just came out of a nice, warm bath, so that might change soon.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? People seemed to appreciate the virtual cup of tea I left on my blog for readers!
Update 5.51pmEST: I'm participating in Dewey's Hour 9 activity, to visit Jessica, Alison, and Deb's blog. Here's what these readers are up to:
Jessica: Jessica is getting started on Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami. A great author choice, I wish her the best of luck!
Alison: She is delving into the world of YA fiction, continuing with Scott Westerfield's Uglies trilogy that she started a few weeks ago. Keep up the great work!
Deb: Deb is currently reading The Book of Vice: Naughty Things (And How to Do Them). What an intriguing choice!
The readers are doing a wonderful job!! And Dewey, all I can say is, you are amazing!