Thursday, December 13, 2007

BTT - December 13

Do you use any of the online book-cataloguing sites, like Library Thing or Shelfari? Why or why not? (Or . . . do you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking to?? (grin))

If not an online catalog, do you use any other method to catalog your book collection? Excel spreadsheets, index cards, a notebook, anything?

I used to use Bibliophil, but I haven't updated it in a long time, and we have Delicious Library on our Mac to catalogue our whole collection, although some of my recent acquisitions haven't made it in yet. Checking out Library Thing is on my list of things to do someday, but it is admittedly not very high on the priority list. I use a spreadsheet for some of my challenges, such as Reading Across Borders and Book Awards. But I found a fun little notebook two years back that I have been using to keep track of all the books I read and my TBR list.

6 comments:

heather (errantdreams) said...

I really wish I had a catalogue of my books, but remembering to keep it updated is beyond me---I've tried that before!

Stephanie said...

When I found Library Thing last year, I went ahead and purchased the life-time subscription. Figured I would use it!! I'm gradually adding my books. But with the amount I have, it could take a while!!

Happy Thursday!!

bookinhand said...

I never thought much about cataloguing my books. My friend teases me about keeping track of all the books I've read and I tell her that sometimes they do all blur together! :)
Diane

gautami tripathy said...

sigh! I think I will stick to cataloguing by hand!

Booking through Cataloguing

pussreboots said...

I don't use LibraryThing either but I do have a hand written list, a database and I'm members of BookCrossing and Goodreads. Happy BTT.

Literary Feline said...

I joined the LibraryThing craze last year and haven't regretted it, but I know it isn't for everyone. I love that kind of stuff though. :-)