Thursday, May 22, 2008

BTT - May 22


Books and films both tell stories, but what we want from a book can be different from what we want from a movie. Is this true for you? If so, what’s the difference between a book and a movie?


The majority of the times that I watch movies, I am looking only for entertainment. Except for the occasional documentary, I don't watch movies to learn new information. With books, although I do read for 'entertainment only' purposes at times (chick lit and mysteries come to mind), I also love non-fiction, which I read to further my knowledge about subjects that I am interested in. I also read fiction from other countries to help broaden my awareness of other places and cultures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read for intellectual stimulation and watch movies for pure entertainment. Both have nothing to do with each other!

Here is my BTT post!

Madeleine said...

My answer to this question is similar to yours yet I received posts and e-mail telling me I was wrong...that you have to think when watching a movie...not really, it is fed to you, while books you have to formulate an idea from what you read.