So, instead of doing the Positive Discipline review, I've decided to do the meme that Seachanges tagged me for.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
What were you doing five years ago?
Let's see. That would be July 2003. Aahh! I would have been celebrating the completion of my master's thesis, skipping the graduation ceremony, and laughing at how fake the University of Queensland, Australia diploma looks in comparison to my undergrad one from the University of Pittsburgh. My degree was a Master's in International Relations and Asian Politics. Quite a mouthful. In recent years, I've dropped the "Asian Politics" when telling people what degree I hold.
Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non-weight-gaining world:
1. Chocolate brownies.
3. Tim Tams
4. Chewy chocolate-chip cookies
5. Iced mocha's
Can you tell I like chocolate?
Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
1. Fruit smoothies
2. Chocolate brownies
3. Trail mix of my own design (dried cranberries, roasted unsalted almonds, cashews, peanuts, seeds of some sort, and ginger pieces)
4. Pita chips
5. Trader Joe's fruit leather
Five things I would do if I were a billionnaire:
1. Pay off my husband's school loans
2. Start a foundation to help women and kids suffering from severe burns to come to the United States to receive treatment. The foundation would also fund programs that help doctors and hospitals in developing countries receive training and equipment needed to treat severe burns.
3. Buy a house.
4. Travel the world. Over and over again!
5. Donate large sums of money to Habitat for Humanity, as well as various micro-enterprise programs.
Five (non-academic) jobs that I have had:
Well, the only academic job I have ever had is a student. So...
1. Joint Director of an asylum seeker support centre.
2. Sales Associate for Sheridan, Australia.
3. Hostess at Red Lobster.
4. Salesperson at Sally Beauty Supply. (It was horrible. I rarely wear makeup, never style my hair...I knew nothing)
5. Freelance grant-writer.
1. Chewing on my shirt collar when I am thinking.
2. Losing my keys.
4. Prone to over-reacting.
5. Drink different types of tea in certain ways (green tea with a touch of honey, herbal teas plain, ceylon tea with milk and sugar)
Five places I have lived:
1. Seattle, Washington
2. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3. Brisbane, Queensland (Australia)
4. Baltimore, Maryland
5. North Brunswick, New Jersey
Five people I want to get to know better (and should consider themselves tagged!)