Wednesday, April 18, 2007

History Meme

I couldn't resist, after unofficially being tagged after reading Caribousmom's blog.

I. Go to Wikipedia and type in your month and day of birth (no year):

March 3

II. List three events:

1991 - A bystander captures on video the beating of Rodney King by Los Angeles Police Department (the acquittal of the police officers sparked the 1992 LA riots)
1938 - Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia.
1857 - France and the UK declare war on China in the Second Opium War.

III. List two births:

1455 - King John II of Portugal
1911 - Jean Harlow, American actress

IV. List one death:

1706 - Johann Pachelbel, German Composer (on a side note, I walked down the aisle at my wedding to the only canon he ever wrote, Canon in D, one of his most famous pieces)

V. List one holiday:

Bulgaria - Liberation Day

I'm supposed to "tag" five other people - but instead consider yourself "tagged" if you read this and want to play! Just leave me a comment with a link to your blog so I can come read your answers.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

These are so much fun to read - thanks for playing along :)

Wendy - aka caribousmom :)