Sunday, October 21, 2007

Read-a-thon Wrap Up

First of all, I just want to draw attention to the absolutely amazing job that Dewey at the hidden side of a leaf did in organizing the 24 Read-a-thon this weekend. With so many participants, and challenges going on, she did a perfect job of keeping everything together without a glitch. Great job, Dewey!!!!!!

One of the best things about the read-a-thon, is that I got to know some bloggers a little bit better, and met a whole lot of new-to-me ones! This is what made participating so much fun. It was also pretty cool to win one of the mini-challenges, especially one of the two I participated in when I woke back up in the middle of the night!

Post Read-a-thon Survey:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I cheered on and off the whole day, I don't profess to staying up the whole night!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Based on the updates I read in Readers' blogs, YA fiction and other shorter, easier to read books were a big hit. Newbery award winners were quite popular. I think graphic novels would also be good entertainment for the wee hours.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nope, not really. I thought things went very smoothly!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Everything! I also think Dewey created a great atmosphere for building comraderie between all participants.

5. How many books did you read?

I was a Cheerleader. I read a grand total of 30 pages yesterday. :)

6. What were the names of the books you read?

Not really applicable.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

NA

8. Which did you enjoy least?

NA

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I found it a lot of fun to stick around for large parts of the day, rather than only 'cheer' for one hour. From reader feedback, even a little comment can go along away in the middle of the read-a-thon.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I hope to participate again next year, as a reader this time.

4 comments:

1morechapter said...

Thanks so much for cheerleading. It really did make a big difference.

Literary Feline said...

It was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I am sure all the cheerleaders were very appreciated for their efforts.

alisonwonderland said...

you are absolutely right that the cheerleaders' comments had a big impact. thanks so much for all you did!

Nyssaneala said...

3m - I'm glad to hear that!

literary feline - It was fun, wendy. I really hope to participate as a reader next year!

alison - you don't need to thank me, it was a lot of fun!