Friday, December 21, 2007

Booking Through Thursday (On Friday)

I always seem to be a day late with these!

1. What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?
(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
It is rare that I read a book the same year that it is published. I would say it is a toss-up between HP and the Deathly Hallows, and a lesser known book, God is Dead.
2. What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?
(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
I haven't read any non-fic published in 2007 yet. I'm a few years behind in that genre. :)
3. And, do “best of” lists influence your reading?
I may learn about books I had not hear of when they are on "best of" lists, but I don't pick a book solely on that reason.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I have God is Dead on my wish list. :-)

I'm like you in that I discover books through "best of" lists, but just because they are on the list, isn't enough to make me want to read it.

Kathleen said...

It seems like many of us don't read books as soon as they come out. I just posted my answers today.