Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday's Six (on Sunday)

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Enjoy!

1. If you could receive only the gift of food this Christmas, which single item would you choose?

The tiramisu served at our wedding reception at the Venice Cafe in Brisbane, Australia. I was wearing a corset underneath my dress, and struggled to eat more than a few bites, but it was the best tiramisu I ever had in my life! When we go back to Australia to visit friends in a few years, it will be one of the first places we go to eat!

2. Dessert. What’s the first food that just came to mind when you read that word?

Um, tiramisu? :) Since I already used that, the second thing that came to mind is fudgy brownies.

3. What do you eat more of when you’re trying to lose weight?

I have been fortunate enough to never need to try to lose weight. When I see that I'm not eating as healthy as I should, I do often start having fruit smoothies for lunch. This typically only happens in the summer.

4. Take the quiz: What holiday food are you?

You Are a Gingerbread House

A little spicy and a little sweet, anyone would like to be lost in the woods with you.

5. When you were a kid, did you ever really leave food for Santa Claus? If so, what was the typical fare you placed near the tree for Jolly Ol’ St. Nick?

We left the standard chocolate chip cookies and milk (whole, not skim). After I stopped believing in Santa Claus, my dad still tried to convince me to leave out the cookies. :)

6. Do you tend to eat more, less, or about the same at Christmas dinner than you do at Thanksgiving dinner?

I never really thought about it. If we are at my parent's, I probably eat more at Thanksgiving, because I like my mom's Thanksgiving meal better than her Christmas one. If my husband and I are hosting, it would still be Thanksgiving, because we celebrate Chanukah, not Christmas. I always eat more when we cook; my cooking skills are a learned skill, not an inherited one! (but my mom definitely knows how to bake--my biggest weakness in the kitchen).

No comments: