Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Meme

This meme floating around the web looks like fun. It's not really book related...oh well! First spotted at Musings of a Bookish Kitty.

What kind of soap is in your shower right now?
Method body wash and Aveeno. The Method soap came in a very modern, stylish, but impractical boxy container, so I won't be buying that one again because the soap doesn't want to come out. The Aveeno is a free sample (full-size, too!). Oh yeah, and my husband's Dial bar.

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No. We only eat watermelon in the summer.

What would you change about your living room? 
Well, we are in a rental apartment, so it's pretty boring. For one, when we buy a house (hopefully this summer), I don't want a living/dining room combo. I am soo tired of that.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Um, I'm not sure. Doing the dishes one of hubby's responsibilities.

What is in your fridge?
Leftovers of the Moroccan Dafina I made last night; milk from a local dairy farm; OJ; yogurt; eggs; broccolini; red cabbage; lettuce; spinach; red capsicum; apples; and lots of condiments.

White or wheat bread?
Neither. We don't eat a lot of bread, and when we do it is either ones with lots of grains, or baguettes when we are having soup.

What is on top of your refrigerator?
A crystal dish that hold our quarters for laundry, and I have no idea what else because I am short.

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
Bamboo.

How many plants are in your home?
None. We used to have a jade plant, but last year it was still outside when the first frost arrived. Oops. We do have two lavender plants on our porch that have managed to stay alive for two years. I'm not known for my green thumb.

Is your bed made right now?
Ha! You're kidding, right?

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Neither. We use all-natural cleaners. Baking soda and vinegar are my best friend.

Is your closet organized?
I am somewhat obsessed with keeping our bathroom linen closet in perfect condition. During grad school I worked in the bed and bath department of David Jones department store in Australia, one thing I know how to do is fold sheets and towels. Our bedroom closets could be better, and the one in Maya's room is a certified disaster That's where all the gifts we don't really want have ended up, as well as the massive amount of clothes that are in bigger sizes and the clothes she has already outgrown, and the pre-pregnancy clothes that are still too small, and the maternity clothes that are now too big. Did I mention we are in a small apartment?

Can you describe your flashlight?
It's a mini-Maglite. Electric blue.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
I drink out of my funky Sigg bottle if it's water. Otherwise, I use glasses. We don't like plastic.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
I just finished the last of the green tea and ginseng iced tea that I made a few days ago.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
No garage. If we had one, I assure you it would be cluttered.

Curtains or blinds?
Both. Some Ikea wooden blinds with a think white curtain over top, and some windows just have curtains. One has an old pillowcase in use as a curtain. Classy.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
We now use a nightlight, so I can see to feed Maya in the middle of the night.

How often do you vacuum?
Since we bought the Roomba last year, it is much more often. All I have to do is press a button. It's bliss.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
Electric.

What color is your toothbrush?
I have no idea. And no, I'm not going to go look.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
We have a mat, but it doesn't say welcome. That is assumed.

What is in your oven right now?
The oven racks.

Is there anything under your bed?
Since most of the day I'm wearing Maya in a sling, I don't get down there to check too often. It could be anything.

Chore you hate doing the most?
Cleaning the bathroom. That's another one that is hubby's responsibility.

What retro items are in your home?
I guess I outgrew retro after college, we don't really have anymore retro stuff.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
We used to. It's now Maya's room, which is really only used to change diapers and store clothes, since she sleeps with us.

How many mirrors are in your home?
Two. My grandmother's antique vanity in our bedroom, and the bathroom mirror. We had a full-length mirror which suffered a minor mishap with the Roomba a few months ago (okay, it's not perfect, but close enough!)

What color are your walls?
Off-white. I can't wait till we buy a house.

What does your home smell like right now?
Well, my immediate vicinity  smells like sour milk, buy Maya just spit up. 

Favorite candle scent?
No favorites, but I have a pumpkin pie one at the moment.

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
We buy pickles, and then never finish the jar. I'm sure there is either a jar of bread and butter, or those small, crunchy ones in there somewhere.

What color is your favorite Bible?
I don't have a favorite Bible.

Ever been on your roof?
No.

Do you own a stereo?
Yes, which is currently holding two CD's: Ella Fitzgerald and The Very Best of Edith Piaf (a French singer).

How many TVs do you have?
One. I don't think it has been turned on in more than 2 weeks.

How many house phones?
Two. Although, most of the time the one in our bedroom is unplugged.

Do you have a housekeeper?
No.

What style do you decorate in?
We don't have one specific style. Maybe, worldly? Most of our wall decorations were picked up in various travels to other countries. Our furniture varies, depending on the room.

Do you like solid colors or prints in furniture?
Both, but right now all of our furniture is solid colors.

Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? 
Our baby and the cat. If I had a fourth hand, I would also grab the computer back-up drive (which holds all of our photos), and our wedding album. But I don't actually know where that is at the moment...maybe I should go find it.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Thanks for playing! I was thinking of moving my wedding album to a more accessible location just in case. :-)

Camille said...

I love reading this meme!
I forgot to say the external hard drive with our pictures...good thinking (for the fire question, that is.) Our babies have very similar closets...gifts plus outgrown clothes plus too big clothes. Also, how do you use the baking soda/vinegar?