- Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan, reviewed by Booklogged at A Reader's Journal
- Once Were Warriors by Alan Duff, reviewed by Kookiejar at A Fraternity of Dreamers
- A Billion Bootstraps: Microcredit, Barefoot Banking, and the Business Solution for Ending Poverty by Jeffrey Sachs, reviewed by Eva at A Striped Armchair
- Mrs Woolf and the Servants by Alison Light, and Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer Lee, mentioned by Danielle at A Work and Progress. Found here and here.
- Not a book, but a very interesting edition of World Literature Today, mentioned by Wendy at Caribousmom. (In today's Sunday Salon post...go check it out!)
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Since this weekend is crazily busy, my Sunday Salon is more of a list format rather than anything intellectual. I am slowly catching up on reading the posts by people in my blogroll. Since I don't have the time to comment very much, this Salon is also a focus on the posts that have caught my bookish eye.
Just finished: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver.
Currently Reading: The Gate of the Sun by Elias Khoury
Up Next: I'm not sure! Most likely a non-fiction parenting book, either Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen or The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley and William Sears.
Book Coveting around the Blogisphere: