Monday, June 30, 2008

Themed Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


My theme for Wendy's Challenge was to read books that feature strong, quirky female heroines. I barely finished this one, in the end counting both the first and second book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency for this challenge. The latest in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series was my final selection, but I haven't got around to buying the book yet! Thanks for hosting a great challenge, Wendy!


Books Read:
1. Lean Mean Thirteen - Janet Evanovich (finished 16 February 2008)
2. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith (finished 4 May 2008)
3. K is for Killer by Sue Grafton (finished 15 January 2008)
4. Tears of the Giraffe - Alexander McCall Smith (finished 17 June 2008)

Favorite: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, what a great introduction to a wonderful series!
Least Favorite: Lean Mean Thirteen, the storylines are starting to get too formulaic and repetitive for me.
Authors new to me: Alexander McCall Smith

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you'll participate again next year!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of these - will keep my eye out for this challenge next year! PS I've put you on my blogroll.